Tuesday 6 May 2014

DIY House: Our Bookshelves part 1

HI!


Yesterday I was featured on Judy's Handmade Creations as the most clicked on link in a Linky Party! Thanks to all of you who viewed my Microwave Fudge Recipe.

I am a reader, for as long as I can remember I have loved books! When we moved into our current house there was a lack of shelves- shelves of all kinds and especially bookshelves. Now after 18 months my books have been unpacked!

My husband worked on it for about two weeks in between work and other house hold tasks.

the wall space where the bookshelf will be

building it on the lounge floor

The shelf unit is too big to attempt to build outside and carry inside, so all the building took place on our lounge floor, our furniture was moved aside and it made a real obstacle course to get through!  Our Cats seem to enjoy sussing out and inspecting any work that gets done especially my little Bailey. Spot the cat in the picture above :)
it's up and in place

I decoupaged washi tape to the shelf fronts
You know my love affair with washi tape!

sorted into piles waiting to be shelved
 I kept all  my childhood books for my future children, here's hoping they actually enjoy reading!



all done- but only the adult fiction


we ran out of shelves before getting to this pile
 We still have to build another set on the opposite wall, but that's another task all on it's own.
Of course I was my OCD self and everything is alphabetised. :)

I love my bookshelf!

Shared with  Not Just a Housewife

Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment