Friday 9 May 2014

Gluten Free Homemade Chicken Schnitzel


Being Gluten Free I am limited to what and where I can eat out, so  I improvise and make my own restaurant style food at home. This time it was Chicken Schnitzel otherwise known as Crumbed Chicken.  I am a free style kind of cook, I rarely follow a recipe exactly  and guess the quantities of the ingredients  I use and more often than not it turns out really good. I guess you can say I'm good at guessing. Baking I do follow the recipe.  So the Cheese Sauce  is a guessing game of quantities.                                        

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken Breasts for the amount of people present for the meal
Crumbs (Gluten Free or Normal) I used Orgran                      
2 eggs beaten for dipping Chicken Breasts into  
Oil for deep frying 

Cheese Sauce:
about 50g of Butter  melted in a pot on low
Corn flour - enough to thicken
milk about a cup to 2 cups
Cheese- as much as you would like
Simmer until it's thickened
Season as you like.
                                                                     

Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten eggs : both sides so that the crumbs will stick to it.

                                             The crumbs I use


 Dip and coat the Chicken breasts in the crumbs.

Heat the oil and deep fry on both sides to cook through.
Cook any veg that you want to serve with your meal. With this I cooked up some potato wedges and some Eggplant/Brinjal. It's also fantastic served with Creamed Spinach instead of a Cheese Sauce.


YUM!
And just for fun, my cat once again inspecting things this time Finlay :)

Enjoy this quick and simple Gluten Free Meal :)

Shared with: Denise Designed, Our Rosey LifeSondra Lyn at Home, Sew Many Ways
Judy's Handmade Creations

Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment