Tuesday 29 April 2014

Basic stove cleaner


Hi there

I love simple, effortless cleaning, and if I can use natural cleaning products and methods it's even better! This is one I use frequently, It's very simple and uses only 2 ingredients.

1. Bicarbonate of Soda (Bicarb or Baking soda to some)
2. White Vinegar.

I fill a spice bottle - (one with small holes at the top) with Bicarb. And fill a spray or squirt bottle with vinegar - I used an old dish liquid bottle with a sports cap lid/spout.

White Vinegar is better than the brown or malt kind as it doesn't leave stains.
I  then shake bicarb onto the stove top- all over especially where there is burnt on dirt and spray/squirt on vinegar. I leave it fizz away for a bit- sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour if I forget about it. 

Then just a wipe up (no elbow grease required!) with a kitchen sponge and the Stove is Super clean!  I left my stove for  few days to gather "dirt" for the purpose of this blog post ;) Please excuse the mess!



BEFORE

 AFTER
CLOSE UP OF THE BEFORE



This will even work on really caked on old dirt, you may have to  repeat once more or add on a good sprinkling of Bicarb and vinegar and let it really fizz.

PLEASE NOTE: AVOID GETTING TOO MUCH, IF ANY  NEAT VINEGAR ON THE STOVE PLATES FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. VINEGAR MAY MAKE THEM RUST.

A paste of Bicarb and should be abrasvie enough to clean the stove plates.

Happy Green cleaning.


ps: look out for my link on Not Just a Housewife's linky party this week
Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment