Wednesday 15 January 2014

30 Things about me

Today on my 30th I thought I'd share 30 facts about me, and since it's only the second post you can get to know me a bit better. :)

1. My Blog name is taken from my initials (Lauren Marlene Hewitt = LMH= Love my Home.
2. I have lived in 3 Countries in the last 10 years.
3. I met my husband through an on line dating site.
4. I had 50 criteria I wanted a husband to fulfil and he filled 48- very close to perfect.
5. I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and 22 chickens.
6. I live on a small holding which allows us to keep all those pets.
7. I cooked my first unsupervised meal at age 9 (Lasagna).
8. From age 16 I collected cows (stuffed animals, toys etc) which I am now incorporating into 'Future Baby's' nursery.
9. I love to knit, sew, paint-well any craft really.
10. I did all the diy work for our wedding.
11. I can change a washer in a tap (faucet), do skimming on a wall that needs repairing.
12. I wanted "happier"appliances in the kitchen so I spray painted my dishwasher a 50's retro pink and my fridge a 50's retro blue.
13. I dislocated my hip white water rafting in Iceland, then re dislocated it 10 days later. 
14. I can spin - on a spinning wheel like Rumpelstiltskin.
15. I had a brief hypnotherapy session to help me get over my arachnophobia.
16. I LOVE the movie 'Pitch Perfect' I can watch it once a week if my husband let me :)
17. I am addicted to Washi Tape.
18. I am obsessed with stationery of all kinds, it was the only part of "back to school" I liked.
19. I get annoyed by people mixing stationery/stationary, your/you're, to/too.
20. I have seen 'FRIENDS' complete seasons 8 times in 5 years.
21. I am bilingual (English and Afrikaans) I was raised speaking English to my Mom and Afrikaans to my Dad.
22. I have to have my books/DVDs in alphabetical order or it "distresses" me.
23. I run a Diabetic Clinic - Admin Coordinator.
24. I love magazines and subscribe to a lot.
25. I am a lucky person- I have won quite a few competitions in the last 18 months -it's all about happy thoughts.
26. I painted an entire wall to look like wall paper.
27. If it's not living and needs beautifying I'll spray paint it.
28. I am one of those 1950's housewife types.
29. I organise for fun.
30. I think I'm quite a typical Capricorn.




Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment