Tuesday 20 May 2014

Gluten Free Oats and Peanutbutter biscuits


 
Hi, Just a quick post today, I am very busy -in a good way preparing for my next market day on Sunday, I am so excited to be launching some new products!Now on to today's post.
 
Being Gluten free often means no treats :(  unless of course you make them yourself. I actually don't make too many treats in general, but this is a great, quick recipe. Even if you get unexpected visitors this can be ready within about 30 min (depending on how long your oven takes to pre-heat)
 I found the recipe on Pinterest and went to the original source. and decided to try it with Organic Oats which is not cross milled. I adjusted the recipe a bit for South African use. Ensure that you find GLUTEN FREE OATS if you want to make this completely Gluten Free.



Ingredients: 
* 1 cups instant oats (the kind that cooks in about a minute or 2)
* 1 cup brown sugar  
* 1 tsp. vanilla essence
* 1 egg
* 1 cup peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 180°. Mix the ingredients by hand until well mixed
Spoon onto a greased baking sheet , leaving a gap between each Biscuit. Bake 10- 15 minutes until slightly set. Let cool to set completely.

These are divine! They do need to cool down before eating  because they are very soft when you first take them out of the oven. They will crumble! Which is what happened with the first few of my first batch. I left the second batch on the baking tray a bit before lifting them off.

You could add in raisins if you want- a small handful should do the trick.

Enjoy!

 Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment