Wednesday 7 May 2014

Butternut Soup

Hi!

On a cool day like today (in South Africa) there is nothing better than a nice bowl of soup with a slice or two of crusty warm, fresh bread with butter melting into it.

One of our favourites is Butternut soup, one reason being we grew butternuts this last season.

I mix up my own curry powder, I am allergic to chillies and tomatoes so my blend works well for us, not too spicey but flavourful all the same.


INGREDIENTS:

About half a butternut (size dependant) approximately 500g or so. Chopped up.
1-2 potatoes diced
1 onion diced (not pictured)
1tsp curry powder
1.5 litres of water/ or stock (I tend to make my own chicken stock and use that)
1 can of chickpeas/butterbeans/canellini beans
some cream for stirring in when it's served

our beautiful butternut we grew! :)
 Fry the onion in butter in a large pot, add the water/stock, the veggies and curry powder. Bring the water to  a gentle boil and cook until the veggies are soft.

Remove from the heat and use a stick blender (or any blender that will blend the soup nicely) Blend until smooth and serve. Add cream on top. I love to make swirly patterns :)


Yummy oozy, buttery gluten free bread


Enjoy!
Shared with  Sew Crafty Cat, Denise Designed,  Our Rosey Life,  Sondra Lyn at Home,  Cherished Handmade Treasures

Love Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment